You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connecting MacBook Pro to non Mac screen

How can I connect my MacBook Pro to a non Mac larger screen. It is connected, but I am not able to move my mouse on the larger screen.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jun 8, 2023 9:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2023 11:08 AM

if you are seeing desktop background on the external display, it is working as designed.

Non-Mac screen is a non-issue. Any display with a modern interface is supported.

This graphic show Extended Desktop. it has a blue icon proportional in size (in the number of pixels) in each display.

NB>> The way they are shown in this picture (external is up down left right) is crucial to ease of use, because that is the way the software will be treating them. If that does not correspond to the way they are arranged on your bench, "in real life" you need to drag one of them until it is showing the correct position relative to the built-in display. They must be touching, preferably along an edge, but minimum requirement is that they touch at some point.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 8, 2023 11:08 AM in response to macconnectiontoscreen

if you are seeing desktop background on the external display, it is working as designed.

Non-Mac screen is a non-issue. Any display with a modern interface is supported.

This graphic show Extended Desktop. it has a blue icon proportional in size (in the number of pixels) in each display.

NB>> The way they are shown in this picture (external is up down left right) is crucial to ease of use, because that is the way the software will be treating them. If that does not correspond to the way they are arranged on your bench, "in real life" you need to drag one of them until it is showing the correct position relative to the built-in display. They must be touching, preferably along an edge, but minimum requirement is that they touch at some point.

connecting MacBook Pro to non Mac screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.