You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to locate stolen iPhone

Hi. My phone was stolen and while trying to locate it, the location was clear but the time didn’t update. I received this text message from Apple on my other phone : An iPhone 14 Pro Max has been located.

i clicked the link, took me to a page where it asked from Apple ID and password and then the passcode to the stolen device which I filled. Then the stolen device signed out from my Apple ID.

@apple please advise urgently what’s next and how do I locate the phone

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 4:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2023 5:02 AM

Unfortunately that message was a scam/phishing message, since Apple cannot get involved (and won't send you any messages asking for your Apple ID & Password) about a lost or stolen device.

Providing your Apple ID & Password to that scamming message, you gave your iPhone access info to the thieves, sorry.

All you can do do now, is limited to point #3 & #6 in the support article that led you here. Also tell your bank(s) to lock all your credit/debit cards.

Regards

Giulio

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 3, 2023 5:02 AM in response to Mariowanny

Unfortunately that message was a scam/phishing message, since Apple cannot get involved (and won't send you any messages asking for your Apple ID & Password) about a lost or stolen device.

Providing your Apple ID & Password to that scamming message, you gave your iPhone access info to the thieves, sorry.

All you can do do now, is limited to point #3 & #6 in the support article that led you here. Also tell your bank(s) to lock all your credit/debit cards.

Regards

Giulio

Jun 3, 2023 4:56 AM in response to Mariowanny

Sorry to tell you but you fell for a scam message. Apple does not get involved with lost or stolen devices. By supplying your Apple ID and password, they were able to access your phone and all of the data on it. Contact your bank to be aware of any possible fraud charges on your account. Notify your carrier and have them block the phone number. That will prevent anyone from using the phone.

How to locate stolen iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.