You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an email that states that "My Photo Stream" will be shut down. I don't want to loose any photos and have tried to follow the instructions but have been unsuccessful

I have an email that states that "My Photo Stream" will be shut down. I don't want to loose any photos and have tried to follow the instructions but have been unsuccessful

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 11:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2023 11:30 AM

My Photo Stream is a legacy feature that you are probably not using. Go to Settings/Photos and if you don’t see a switch for My Photo Stream, or if it is off, you aren’t using it, and you won’t lose any photos.

It was a way to transfer photos to your computer in real time when they were taken, but iCloud Photos supplanted it.

That said, you should be preserving important photos, preferably in multiple archives such as Google Photos or DropBox, as well as iCloud photos.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 2, 2023 11:30 AM in response to TexCowboyHewlett203

My Photo Stream is a legacy feature that you are probably not using. Go to Settings/Photos and if you don’t see a switch for My Photo Stream, or if it is off, you aren’t using it, and you won’t lose any photos.

It was a way to transfer photos to your computer in real time when they were taken, but iCloud Photos supplanted it.

That said, you should be preserving important photos, preferably in multiple archives such as Google Photos or DropBox, as well as iCloud photos.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.