You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help, I can not restart my macbook pro, it takes me to a black screen, none of the ways to reinstall the disk are working

hi everyone! I am getting this image and the macbook pro doesn’t want to start or take me to the reinstall with command + R option or other listed, anyone has an idea of whats happening?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on May 31, 2023 4:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 31, 2023 7:08 AM

What image? There is no file attached.

Here's Apple support article on not fully starting: If your Mac doesn't start up all the way - Apple Support (ZA)

Does one apply?

Did this situation arise because you attempted to reinstall the OS or what? How you got to this point can be important.

Here's one way of installing the OS: Create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

Assuming your Mac was operating, you may have been able to use Command + R but my guess is you've passed the point where that will work. But if you can get it to work, reinstall the OS that way.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 31, 2023 7:08 AM in response to ErikaSalazar

What image? There is no file attached.

Here's Apple support article on not fully starting: If your Mac doesn't start up all the way - Apple Support (ZA)

Does one apply?

Did this situation arise because you attempted to reinstall the OS or what? How you got to this point can be important.

Here's one way of installing the OS: Create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

Assuming your Mac was operating, you may have been able to use Command + R but my guess is you've passed the point where that will work. But if you can get it to work, reinstall the OS that way.

I need help, I can not restart my macbook pro, it takes me to a black screen, none of the ways to reinstall the disk are working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.