You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Give my watch to anyone

Can I transfer, give away or gift someone my Apple Watch to a friend to any phone

Posted on May 27, 2023 10:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 27, 2023 10:40 AM

Any phone? If the person you want to give you watch to owns iPhone, a conditional yes. If the watch is updated to WatchOS 9, the person must own an iPhone which is updated to at least iOS 16. And you cannot pair an Apple Watch with anything other than an iPhone.

Before you give your watch away, follow these directions --> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 27, 2023 10:40 AM in response to espink

Any phone? If the person you want to give you watch to owns iPhone, a conditional yes. If the watch is updated to WatchOS 9, the person must own an iPhone which is updated to at least iOS 16. And you cannot pair an Apple Watch with anything other than an iPhone.

Before you give your watch away, follow these directions --> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

May 27, 2023 10:42 AM in response to espink

Yes, it is possible, please read -> this Apple articleWhat to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support (IE)

Then you have to remove the Watch from your account, see this Apple article:

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in

Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in - Apple Support

Then your friend can sign in with his / her own Apple ID.

to a friend to any phone

He must have an iPhone with the recent iOS 16.5.

Give my watch to anyone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.