You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

libjvm.dylib cannot be opened - mac ventura

Hello,

I have to install an spss software that I trust (my university homepage). However, I need to run the SPSS which requires to open libjvm.dylib

However, I cannot open it because cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.

After going to Settings/Security& Privacy/, I do not see the "Allow anyway". And when I cancel the opening of the dylib, it reopens again and again which is very annoying. I continue clicking on it, but it is stuck and doesn't go away, and doesn't allow me to open this dylib.

I find some resolutions for this problem in youtube but their version of macOS is old one so I can't figure out this problem by myself.

It is pretty annoying, because I need spss software for my research,

Thanks for your help

Dilfuza

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on May 20, 2023 8:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 26, 2023 9:33 PM

Ugh.... Old Java applications can be so painful.... JVM = Java Virtual Machine.

Try going to Finder and /Applications and right-click the icon for this Java based App and choosing Open. That will typically allow you to continue to open a program that is blocked as it hasn't been signed by an Apple Developer account nor has it been Notarized by Apple.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 26, 2023 9:33 PM in response to dilish64

Ugh.... Old Java applications can be so painful.... JVM = Java Virtual Machine.

Try going to Finder and /Applications and right-click the icon for this Java based App and choosing Open. That will typically allow you to continue to open a program that is blocked as it hasn't been signed by an Apple Developer account nor has it been Notarized by Apple.

libjvm.dylib cannot be opened - mac ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.