You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How do I know what time my gift card was redeemed

Please I need help I think I’m getting scammed how can I check when my card was red

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on May 20, 2023 6:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2024 1:52 AM

I want to know the time my Apple Card was redeemed

39 replies

Jun 21, 2024 5:55 PM in response to ojuoluwa

Please follow the steps in this Apple Support article. 

If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card - Apple Support

If after reviewing the article, and following the directions in the article, you need additional assistance please follow the link below to contact official Apple Support. 

Contact Apple Gift Card Support

If you receive a request for payment using Apple Gift Cards, or If you believe you are the victim of a scam, please contact Apple Support and report it to local law enforcement.

You may also report the scam to the FTC Complaint Assistant.

Aug 28, 2024 7:53 AM in response to Innocent809

Innocent809 wrote:

I want to know when my gift card was redeemed

Call Apple directly and they will likely be able to tell you when the Gift Card was redeemed. If you purchased the Gift Card at a location where they are displayed on a rack available for anyone to tamper with them, then it was most likely redeemed shortly after you activated it. In this case there is probably little Apple can do as the retailer is the one that failed to protect your purchase. The retailers are well aware of this common scam, but some don't seem too concerned that their customers are losing money right in their stores. In the future only purchased Gift Cards where they are secured at the retailer or buy them directly from Apple.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Aug 30, 2024 5:10 AM in response to Ikponmwasa

Ikponmwasa wrote:

I got a new giftcard and it shows used please help me check when card was redeemed to know if I’ve been scammed

In the provided link, follow the steps where is says the gift card has already been redeemed. Use the link in that section to contact apple directly and they may be able to tell you when the card was redeemed.

If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card - Apple Support

Aug 31, 2024 4:07 AM in response to LUCISBNY

If after reviewing the article, and following the directions in the article, you need additional assistance please follow the link below to contact official Apple Support. 

If you receive a request for payment using Apple Gift Cards, or If you believe you are the victim of a scam, please contact Apple Support and report it to local law enforcement.

Sep 24, 2024 4:35 AM in response to Ennyhood

If you receive a request for payment using Apple Cash, or If you believe you are the victim of a scam, please contact Apple Support and report it to local law enforcement.

Sep 29, 2024 5:07 PM in response to Bizkidobee

Bizkidobee wrote:

Please how do I know what time my gift card was redeemed
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/15f8c552-2d14-49ce-b73a-5d9c1204a2aa

If you purchased it at a store where it is displayed on a rack where anyone can tamper with them, then it was shortly after you activated the Gift Card at the register. In this case, you were scammed at the store and the retailer failed to protect your purchase. Only buy Gift Cards when they are secured behind a counter.

Don't post pictures of your Gift Card on a public website.

May 21, 2023 5:20 AM in response to ODGEbuka

Where did you purchase your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card?

Request your money back, you certainly still have the proof of payment.

See this Apple article:  If you can't redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes Gift Card

check  ⤵️

Card is not valid

Card has already been redeemed

Card is not activated

Code is unreadable

Code must be redeemed in a different country or region

Contact Apple Support -> Contact Apple Support.

Beware of -> About Gift Card Scams -> About Gift Card Scams - Official Apple Support 

If you have a valid payment method on file, instead of buying or order an App Store & iTunes gift card, you can Add money to your Apple Account balance anytime, no gift card needed, see -> Apple Gift Card - Apple (UK)

If you still need help, get support from Apple directly -> Get Support or call Apple in your region see -> Contact Apple for support and service or check -> here for more support and assistance.

Aug 2, 2024 2:04 PM in response to IFEANYICHUKWU20

IFEANYICHUKWU20 wrote:

Can I know when my gift card was redeemed

View this link to get Gift Card support.

Legal - Apple Value Services - Apple

If this was a Gift Card that you purchased and found out that it was empty when you attempted to redeem it, then it was likely purchased it from a retailer where they display the Gift Cards on a rack where they are accessible to the public, and it was redeemed shortly after you activated it in the check stand. Retailers are very aware that people in their stores are taking Gift Cards off of those racks and peeling the sticker off and writing the code down. They can easily replace the sticker with one purchased from Amazon and return the cards to the rack and wait for the store's customers to activate them.

Ironically those same stores will lock up products that they sell to prevent theft, but when it comes to their customers getting scammed in their stores, they don't seem to care at all. Since they are responsible for securing the Gift Cards, I would escalate the matter with the retailer and their corporate offices. In the future, only buy Gift Cards when they are secured behind a counter or purchase them from the Apple directly.

How do I know what time my gift card was redeemed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.