You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my apple watch8 8 go to sleep?

why does my apple watch 8 go to sleep?

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on May 14, 2023 7:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 14, 2023 6:49 PM

OK....one last place to check. Open the Settings App on your Apple Watch. Scan up till you see Battery. Is Low Power Mode turned on by chance? If it is, turn it off. If this isn't it, you'll need to reach out to Apple directly for help.

Let's also clarify what you mean when you say the watch goes to sleep. Is the screen going completely black with nothing on the screen? I ask, because even with Always On turned on an Apple Watch, the screen remains active for 15 or 70 seconds, whichever you've set it up to be. But the screen should not go completely black with Always On turned on.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 14, 2023 6:49 PM in response to rbnmchls

OK....one last place to check. Open the Settings App on your Apple Watch. Scan up till you see Battery. Is Low Power Mode turned on by chance? If it is, turn it off. If this isn't it, you'll need to reach out to Apple directly for help.

Let's also clarify what you mean when you say the watch goes to sleep. Is the screen going completely black with nothing on the screen? I ask, because even with Always On turned on an Apple Watch, the screen remains active for 15 or 70 seconds, whichever you've set it up to be. But the screen should not go completely black with Always On turned on.

why does my apple watch8 8 go to sleep?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.