You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple logo fades turn red , apple watch series 8

Just bought and apple watch online , then when it get delivered i was on vacation for 5 months , so apple watch stays on the box and never open, when i came back and open it , it wont charge , and i just see apple logo fades and turn red , what to do thank you

Posted on May 10, 2023 8:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 10, 2023 1:22 PM

It could be that the battery died as they do without being stored at 50% and occasionally charged.

Pur it in charge for 2 hours then Force restart your watch i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. 

If it doesn't start (and especially if you are 5 months into a 12 month Apple Warranty) contact Apple Support directly. You should be able to reach them here  Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support  or phone numbers  Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support   or Click here > Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple 

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 10, 2023 1:22 PM in response to rdn160

It could be that the battery died as they do without being stored at 50% and occasionally charged.

Pur it in charge for 2 hours then Force restart your watch i.e. press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, then release both buttons when you see the Apple logo. 

If it doesn't start (and especially if you are 5 months into a 12 month Apple Warranty) contact Apple Support directly. You should be able to reach them here  Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support  or phone numbers  Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support   or Click here > Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple 

Apple logo fades turn red , apple watch series 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.