You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn off Focus Mode across Apple devices

i had focus mode turn on automation when I open some particular apps. For example, gaming mode turn on when I open a game. That’s a very good feature. But when I open a game in my iPad, the gaming mode also gets turned on in my iPhone. I don’t get call notifications when I turn on the focus mode. Is there any way so that if gaming mode is turned on in my iPad and my iPhone doesn’t?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Air, iPadOS 16

Posted on May 8, 2023 8:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 10, 2023 9:24 AM

On both your iPad (or iPhone), ensure that you have disabled Focus Share Across Devices:

Settings > Focus > Share Across devices - set to OFF

When set to ON, your active Focus mode is set for all devices that are signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID.

4 replies

Mar 14, 2024 2:31 AM in response to fendersurfer

fendersurfer wrote:

Dear Team Apple. If someone reads this. Please remove superold apps, years off the Apple Store, from focus suggested apps. Thanks :-)

This is a user-to-user technical community. Contributors here are all end-users, just like you. Other than the site Moderators, Apple neither monitors nor participates within this Community. As such, your comments here will not be seen by Apple Support.

Apple invites submission of comments and feature requests via its Product Feedback portal. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

How to turn off Focus Mode across Apple devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.