You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages not deleting on MAC

So even though I have everything updated and I put my I cloud to “sync everything” on my Mac, messages that I deleted on my i phone from the past still show up, even though newer deleted things get deleted , the old stuff stays. I just didn’t want to always have to do this manually or delete all my messages on every new device i get , any suggestions ?

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 5:54 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 30, 2023 3:13 PM in response to Nelheat12

Hello Nelheat12,

We would like to see how we can help you with Messages. Any messages that were on the Mac before you started syncing with iCloud, will stay there until deleted manually. If you want to make sure a new change takes effect immediately, choose Messages > Settings, click iMessage, click Settings, then click Sync Now. For more information about Messages on Mac visit: Set up Messages on Mac - Apple Support

Cheers!

Messages not deleting on MAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.