You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 12 pro max won't turn on after sudden turn off

I am writing to report an issue with my iPhone. Recently, my phone suddenly died out of nowhere and I have been unable to turn it back on since. I attempted to force restart it by pressing the power and home buttons, but it did not work.

I should note that prior to the incident, the battery capacity was at 100%. This leads me to believe that the problem may not be related to the battery.

I would greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving this matter. Please advise me on what steps I can take to get my phone back up and running as soon as possible.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 1:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 12:10 PM

Hi Paudel7,

If you are unable to power on your iPhone, the steps from the resource you used to reach us are the best place to start:

"On your iPhone 8 or later, including iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd generation)

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume down button.
  3. Press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
  4. If your phone doesn't turn on, follow these steps to check your hardware and charge your phone. You might need to charge for up to an hour.

If your phone still doesn't turn on, contact Apple Support." If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen

We hope this helps!

Sincerely.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 30, 2023 12:10 PM in response to Paudel7

Hi Paudel7,

If you are unable to power on your iPhone, the steps from the resource you used to reach us are the best place to start:

"On your iPhone 8 or later, including iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd generation)

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume down button.
  3. Press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
  4. If your phone doesn't turn on, follow these steps to check your hardware and charge your phone. You might need to charge for up to an hour.

If your phone still doesn't turn on, contact Apple Support." If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen

We hope this helps!

Sincerely.

Iphone 12 pro max won't turn on after sudden turn off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.