You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wife wants to use my old phone

How do I get my data off the old iPhone so she can sign in and put her simcard in and it only shows her data?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 5:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 6:44 PM

See the following Apple Support article for information on clearing an iPhone when selling or giving to someone else: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you both have data on the old phone, I don't know of any way that it can identify what data belongs to each of you. The above procedure complete clears all user data on the phone so it can be setup like a new phone.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 27, 2023 6:44 PM in response to Lukilindy59

See the following Apple Support article for information on clearing an iPhone when selling or giving to someone else: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you both have data on the old phone, I don't know of any way that it can identify what data belongs to each of you. The above procedure complete clears all user data on the phone so it can be setup like a new phone.

Wife wants to use my old phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.