You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pause Screen Recording - missing?

Hello folks,

I am running on Mac OS Ventura 13.3.1 and I cannot find a way to PAUSE my screen recording while using Quicktime Player.

Has that functionality been removed?

thanks,

evelin

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 6:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 25, 2023 9:38 AM

It was available previously. There are YouTube videos demonstrating this functionality as recently as 2021. I'm not sure why the functionality was removed but it would be nice to have it back. The other options mentioned above are not as convenient as simply pausing the recording. Many thanks for your time and attention.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 25, 2023 9:38 AM in response to Urquhart1244

It was available previously. There are YouTube videos demonstrating this functionality as recently as 2021. I'm not sure why the functionality was removed but it would be nice to have it back. The other options mentioned above are not as convenient as simply pausing the recording. Many thanks for your time and attention.

Pause Screen Recording - missing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.