You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

only the default screen saver displays on a Samsung tv when I hook it to ny MacBook Pro

only the default screen saver displays on a Samsung tv when I hook it to ny MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 7:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 4:22 AM

The TV may have no input from your MacBook. At which time it may want to display its own screen saver. Use the remote control of the Samsung to adjust whether or not it displays the screen saver of its own on its own. Then try to manage the System Preferences (earlier than Ventura)/Setttings (Ventura) option for screen saver and energy saver on the Mac.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 24, 2023 4:22 AM in response to loyfrommountain home

The TV may have no input from your MacBook. At which time it may want to display its own screen saver. Use the remote control of the Samsung to adjust whether or not it displays the screen saver of its own on its own. Then try to manage the System Preferences (earlier than Ventura)/Setttings (Ventura) option for screen saver and energy saver on the Mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.