You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

download text messages

im trying to access my messages on icloud to restore them and find photos in deleted conversations.

to download and save them on my computer.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 5:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 5:40 PM

You cannot directly access messages in iCloud. Rather, iCloud syncs your messages across devices. If you have messages in iCloud enabled, and delete an item, it is deleted everywhere. Learn more about recovery at Recover deleted messages on iPhone - Apple Support.

If instead of using messages in iCloud you simply back up to iCloud, you can recover the most recent state of your device by factory resetting your device and using your online backup to restore it.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 22, 2023 5:40 PM in response to mackenziebergey

You cannot directly access messages in iCloud. Rather, iCloud syncs your messages across devices. If you have messages in iCloud enabled, and delete an item, it is deleted everywhere. Learn more about recovery at Recover deleted messages on iPhone - Apple Support.

If instead of using messages in iCloud you simply back up to iCloud, you can recover the most recent state of your device by factory resetting your device and using your online backup to restore it.

Apr 22, 2023 5:31 PM in response to mackenziebergey

mackenziebergey Said:

"download text messages: im trying to access my messages on icloud to restore them and find photos in deleted conversations. to download and save them on my computer."

-------

Finding Lost Message Info:

Print a Full Script, and see if it provides you with this info. Use my User Tip: How to Save or Print a Complete iPhone Messages Thread - Apple Support

download text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.