You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sea swimming with Apple Watch 2

My Apple watch used to track my swims in full, giving elapsed time and distance. Now it is stopping in mid swim ( for example today it only worked for the first 8 mins of my 45 min swim) and when I get back I have to restart the watch. There seems to be plenty of battery charge remaining. Any idea what is causing this fault? It works fine tracking on land.

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 6

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 1:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 11:19 AM

I have discovered that the open water swim setting on the workout app (green icon) on the watch works fine and tracks route giving a map, distance and pace. The problem seems to be the Strava app failing to complete when used as the tracker on my watch. So I have abandoned the Strava tracker device and am happy again as I am getting complete readings/recordings.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 24, 2023 11:19 AM in response to Dah•veed

I have discovered that the open water swim setting on the workout app (green icon) on the watch works fine and tracks route giving a map, distance and pace. The problem seems to be the Strava app failing to complete when used as the tracker on my watch. So I have abandoned the Strava tracker device and am happy again as I am getting complete readings/recordings.

Sea swimming with Apple Watch 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.