You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 8 watch face

Why does my series 8 watch face keep switching between black and white? How do I stop it from doing so?

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 8:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 10:13 AM

I'm going to assume you're using Always on, with a face, which when your watch is on, it has a white background, but with Always On, when the watch is not active, the white background goes black. This would be completely normal and is a battery saving feature as to keep the face white all the time would eat up your battery pretty fast. You can choose a different color combination for just about all the watch faces.

Here is a link on how to customize watch faces on Apple Watch --> Customize the watch face - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 20, 2023 10:13 AM in response to Springhassprung

I'm going to assume you're using Always on, with a face, which when your watch is on, it has a white background, but with Always On, when the watch is not active, the white background goes black. This would be completely normal and is a battery saving feature as to keep the face white all the time would eat up your battery pretty fast. You can choose a different color combination for just about all the watch faces.

Here is a link on how to customize watch faces on Apple Watch --> Customize the watch face - Apple Support

May 9, 2024 9:37 AM in response to Springhassprung

My Apple 8 watch started switching from the screen display coloring and look I chose to a solid green background with black displays on the same settings I had chosen. I lucked into fixing it by going into mywatch on my iPhone, choosing accessibility, and Display and Brightness. In there I went to Wake on Crown Rotation and switched it to on. Now it maintains the display coloring I chose when I move my wrist around. No idea why this works or what I did to change it, but for now I’m happy.

Apple Watch Series 8 watch face

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.