You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing issue

I created a family that included my daughter’s iPhone. Now on her iphone it shows her as the “organizer” and on my phone it shows that I am the “organizer” as well. As a result, I cannot put limits on her screen time, and her phone doesn’t show in my family group on my iPhone. What is the solution? How can I make my daughter a part of my family instead of an organizer?

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 9:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2023 10:05 AM

1. You don't add devices to Family Groups, you add Apple IDs.
  2. You can't have 2 organizers in a single Family Family group. If your own Apple ID is logged in on her iPhone, then it's using your account and as such will also have access to Organizer features since it's basically you.
  3. Make sure her iPhone is signed in to her own Apple ID, not yours, and that her Apple ID has been invited to the Family Group.
  4. If she is a minor under 13, you can create an Apple ID for her as a child under Family Sharing. click here ➜ Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support
  5. If her iPhone is signed in to her Apple ID, then it would appear you created 2 family groups, one with your account and one with hers. You would need to disband the one created with her Apple ID, and invite it to your Family Group.
    1. click here ➜ Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support
    2. and here ➜ Disband a Family Sharing Group - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 19, 2023 10:05 AM in response to Motorado

1. You don't add devices to Family Groups, you add Apple IDs.
  2. You can't have 2 organizers in a single Family Family group. If your own Apple ID is logged in on her iPhone, then it's using your account and as such will also have access to Organizer features since it's basically you.
  3. Make sure her iPhone is signed in to her own Apple ID, not yours, and that her Apple ID has been invited to the Family Group.
  4. If she is a minor under 13, you can create an Apple ID for her as a child under Family Sharing. click here ➜ Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support
  5. If her iPhone is signed in to her Apple ID, then it would appear you created 2 family groups, one with your account and one with hers. You would need to disband the one created with her Apple ID, and invite it to your Family Group.
    1. click here ➜ Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support
    2. and here ➜ Disband a Family Sharing Group - Apple Support

Family sharing issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.