You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to transfer Apple Cash to Apple Savings Account

Why am I not able to transfer Apple Cash to my new Apple Savings Account? I was not asked when I set up the Savings account, and am following the directions.

iPhone 14

Posted on Apr 17, 2023 10:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2023 1:21 PM

Identity verified, balance transferred to savings. Magic.

• Seems to be a gap in the app(s) - would be helpful if the app, and/or the instructions said something about identity verification being a necessary step before transferring from Apple Cash to Savings.
  • For a device that follows me everywhere and listens to me all the time, it should already "just know" ;-)

Thanks @muguy.

14 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 18, 2023 1:21 PM in response to muguy

Identity verified, balance transferred to savings. Magic.

• Seems to be a gap in the app(s) - would be helpful if the app, and/or the instructions said something about identity verification being a necessary step before transferring from Apple Cash to Savings.
  • For a device that follows me everywhere and listens to me all the time, it should already "just know" ;-)

Thanks @muguy.

Apr 17, 2023 5:07 PM in response to Ferd II

Nope, different question. I have the account set up, just can't transfer my Apple Cash into it. @muguy may have provided the answer, though it is different from what is in the instructions ... this never happened -> "When opening Savings, you'll be asked if you want to transfer funds from your Apple Cash balance to your new account to start earning interest on that money."

Unable to transfer Apple Cash to Apple Savings Account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.