You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgotten Apple ID and find my device locked

Hello. I bought a 9th generation ipad a few days ago in Bahrain, for my son. Unfortunately my kids put a passcode on it without telling me and they forgot it. I had to reset my iPad through my laptop, and now it's locked as it requires me to use the apple ID I created when I was setting up the iPad. Unfortunately I have forgotten that apple ID. I filled the activation lock support form, but they have denied my request.

I have all proof of ownership which I attached. I don't understand why there's not anyway to fix this matter? This is an iPad I own, yet just because I forgot the apple ID, I cannot use it? Is there anyway to fix this issue.

Please help, I'm really worried about this. Thank you!

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 9:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 9:31 PM

Typically an Apple ID is an email address you have used.

This support article describes ways to find your Apple ID --> If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support

or go directly to this link --> https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#

If you still need help:

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security "This article provides country-specific Apple Support contact information for customers seeking help with their Apple ID password or other security-related issues."

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Also look in Keychain, and in a browser's security settings if you use it to automatically sign into Apple when using a browser.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 16, 2023 9:31 PM in response to waj_nad_86

Typically an Apple ID is an email address you have used.

This support article describes ways to find your Apple ID --> If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support

or go directly to this link --> https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#

If you still need help:

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security "This article provides country-specific Apple Support contact information for customers seeking help with their Apple ID password or other security-related issues."

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Also look in Keychain, and in a browser's security settings if you use it to automatically sign into Apple when using a browser.

Apr 16, 2023 9:38 PM in response to Limnos

thanks for your reply. I bought it from Carrefour Bahrain, and I attached the invoice.

my request was still denied. What else proof can I give them than the actual serial number and the invoice.

this is an iPad I own and I cannot use right now just because I forgot my Apple ID. This is really upsetting. I even have an sms from apple on my phone for a code which I entered on the iPad when I was setting it up.

there must be some way to fix this issue. I was not logged in from the Apple ID anywhere on my MacBook.

Forgotten Apple ID and find my device locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.