You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Different language in CarPlay WhatsApp

I use WhatsApp via Carplay to send text messages. In my language this works well. But when sending to international colleagues, I need to use English. Siri will try to understand the English text as German. Had many funny results, where it really used many English phrases and mixed them with German. I don’t se a way to give Siri a hint to translate to English.

No option to change language during drive, especially when texting different people in different language. Then I would not need CarPlay.

Any idea how to use that?

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 13, 2023 10:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2023 1:59 PM

Hello Marko.L,

If Siri is dictating the messages in some other language, then it sound like the language might be set to something else instead of english. You'd have to change it to the correct language directly on the device. Just open up the keyboard in an app on the device, then use these steps:

To change the language that dictation uses, long press the microphone button , then select the language you want to use.

Use Dictation on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 17, 2023 1:59 PM in response to Marko.L

Hello Marko.L,

If Siri is dictating the messages in some other language, then it sound like the language might be set to something else instead of english. You'd have to change it to the correct language directly on the device. Just open up the keyboard in an app on the device, then use these steps:

To change the language that dictation uses, long press the microphone button , then select the language you want to use.

Use Dictation on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Cheers!

Different language in CarPlay WhatsApp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.