You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5G Standalone on iPad Pro?

Hello! I have updated both my iPhone 14 Pro Max and iPad Pro M1 with Cellular to iOS and iPadOS 16.4. Under T-Mobile USA network, my iPhone shows the "5G Standalone" options under cellular settings, but there are no 5G Standalone under iPad's cellular settings, Is this function not supported on iPads? (I tried reset iPad, doesn't work, still no this option).

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 1:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2023 2:56 AM

5G is still in early days of support. Notwithstanding differences in the internal hardware and chipset, different devices (e.g., iPhone and iPad) will have different firmware-enabled features - and this will also vary by geographic region/country.

If you have any concerns, you would be best advised to seek assistance directly from Apple Support - as they will be nest placed to provide more detailed information where available. You can contact the Support Team using the Support link at top-right or bottom-left of this page.

Alternatively and perhaps easier, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad/iPhone, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-support/id1130498044

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 31, 2023 2:56 AM in response to popkartiphone

5G is still in early days of support. Notwithstanding differences in the internal hardware and chipset, different devices (e.g., iPhone and iPad) will have different firmware-enabled features - and this will also vary by geographic region/country.

If you have any concerns, you would be best advised to seek assistance directly from Apple Support - as they will be nest placed to provide more detailed information where available. You can contact the Support Team using the Support link at top-right or bottom-left of this page.

Alternatively and perhaps easier, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad/iPhone, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-support/id1130498044

5G Standalone on iPad Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.