You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlock Apple Watch

Hi

i have my late grandads Apple Watch I'm

trying to set up. Only problem is I don’t have his passcode or Apple ID to access it.

is there a way the whole thing can be reset? I’ve erased all the setting but when I try to pair it’s asking for Apple ID password which we don’t know.

Apple Watch Series 2

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 4:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2023 7:53 AM

You can't unlock the watch unless you know the Apple ID and Password. As a descendent of a deceased family member, you can request help, by following the directions in this link --> How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

You will have to provide everything Apple requires in order for them to help you.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 30, 2023 7:53 AM in response to sarah.1986

You can't unlock the watch unless you know the Apple ID and Password. As a descendent of a deceased family member, you can request help, by following the directions in this link --> How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

You will have to provide everything Apple requires in order for them to help you.

Unlock Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.