You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video exporting beyond clip range

When I try to export my video, it has two seconds of added black frame. In the timeline I can see the black area extended by a few seconds although there are no hidden clips extending that far - and no audio components reaching there. When I copied all the clips to a new sequence the export stops exactly at the end of the last clip. Is this a bug?

I am using FCPX 10.5.4 on MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

MacBook Pro 15″

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 2:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 5:45 AM

PeteHikers wrote:

The duration of the last clip is identical with the exported video. There are just two seconds added.

Sorry, I don't understand... which is which?

I was asking about the duration of the project

vs the place where the last clip ends. Do they match, like in this example:

And YET the exported video is two seconds longer (would be about 35:05 in the example here)?

Is that it?

Try this: press Command-Shift-2 to open the Timeline Index.

Do you see anything there extending past the last clip you can see in the timeline?

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 21, 2023 5:45 AM in response to PeteHikers

PeteHikers wrote:

The duration of the last clip is identical with the exported video. There are just two seconds added.

Sorry, I don't understand... which is which?

I was asking about the duration of the project

vs the place where the last clip ends. Do they match, like in this example:

And YET the exported video is two seconds longer (would be about 35:05 in the example here)?

Is that it?

Try this: press Command-Shift-2 to open the Timeline Index.

Do you see anything there extending past the last clip you can see in the timeline?

Mar 21, 2023 5:54 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Oh, sorry. The last clip ends at 1:20, the Project at 1:22.

So its exactly those two seconds which are added on export.

My Timeline Index only shows the "position" of the clips, which means clip start.

They all start before 1:15 so no issues here, but I cannot see at what timecode they end.

I guess its a bug. If there would be hidden clips the problem should have stayed when copying everything to a new timeline.

Video exporting beyond clip range

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.