You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad screen is broken and I can’t turn it on to turn off Find My iPad, so I can mail it in to be repaired. What do I do?

iPad screen is broken and I can’t turn it on to turn off Find My iPad, so I can mail it in to be repaired. What do I do?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Mar 18, 2023 6:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 6:32 AM

You can erase your iPad and remove it from Find My by using another device and signing on to 👉 www.iCloud.com with your Apple ID and Password. The catch here is that your iPad must be ON and connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi or Cellular.

You are unable to turn your iPad ON and therefore the above will not work on that iPad. I recommend that you contact 👉 Apple Support or wherever you are sending the iPad for repairs and ask them whether you can send the iPad in as is condition.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 19, 2023 6:32 AM in response to Find-My-iPad

You can erase your iPad and remove it from Find My by using another device and signing on to 👉 www.iCloud.com with your Apple ID and Password. The catch here is that your iPad must be ON and connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi or Cellular.

You are unable to turn your iPad ON and therefore the above will not work on that iPad. I recommend that you contact 👉 Apple Support or wherever you are sending the iPad for repairs and ask them whether you can send the iPad in as is condition.

Axel F.

My iPad screen is broken and I can’t turn it on to turn off Find My iPad, so I can mail it in to be repaired. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.