You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought a second hand Apple Watch and it is stuck on the activation lock screen

I bought a second hand Apple Watch and it is stuck on the activation lock screen asking for previous owner detail any Halle on how I can clear this ad idk the owner as I bought it online

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 18, 2023 3:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2023 3:29 PM

As far as I know, the only way to remove Activation Lock is for the previous owner's Apple ID to "unpair" the watch. You can try to reach out to whoever sold it to you, but you were likely cheated.

As stated by Apple here, Activation Lock was "designed to prevent anyone else from using your Apple Watch if it's ever lost or stolen.".

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 18, 2023 3:29 PM in response to manveer243

As far as I know, the only way to remove Activation Lock is for the previous owner's Apple ID to "unpair" the watch. You can try to reach out to whoever sold it to you, but you were likely cheated.

As stated by Apple here, Activation Lock was "designed to prevent anyone else from using your Apple Watch if it's ever lost or stolen.".

Mar 18, 2023 4:01 PM in response to manveer243

Hello ~ That is the activation lock. If the person/persons that you bought the Apple Watch from cannot or will not remove it …the watch is basically useless to you. If they cannot/will not remove it…return it and get your money back. We cannot help remove it nor can Apple. Take a look here:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Also:

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying a Used iPad/iPhone

~Katana-San~

I bought a second hand Apple Watch and it is stuck on the activation lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.