You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I receive a pop up saying I “‘Cannot use Messages for Businesses’ in Locked Down Mode “?

I am not a business, so I don’t understand why I receive this message.

I have been noticing oddities in my phone so I signed out

I’m signed back in but underneath my name it says “Update ID account settings & that some account services will not be available until I sign in again?

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 9:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 1:10 PM

AgentDragonfly wrote:

I’m signed back in but underneath my name it says “Update ID account settings & that some account services will not be available until I sign in again?

You need to tap “Update Apple ID Settings” on the row with the circled “1” on the right and follow the directions.

You say “I am not a business”. Yet you chose to place your iPhone in Lockdown Mode (customarily used by businesses). Lockdown Mode significantly restricts messages.

About Lockdown Mode - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 17, 2023 1:10 PM in response to AgentDragonfly

AgentDragonfly wrote:

You need to tap “Update Apple ID Settings” on the row with the circled “1” on the right and follow the directions.

You say “I am not a business”. Yet you chose to place your iPhone in Lockdown Mode (customarily used by businesses). Lockdown Mode significantly restricts messages.

About Lockdown Mode - Apple Support

Mar 18, 2023 10:25 AM in response to sberman

I know very well about Lockdown mode. Unfortunately, I have been subject to ‘sophisticated’ cyber attacks since August.

I use Lockdown mode because of that. Though it is a rather minimal ‘lockdown’ due to exceptions.

Most recently I use it because I cannot stop ‘sharing’ across devices, or with someone?

The only device I have is the iPhone I am using & I am not in ‘Family Sharing’ that I know of.

I cannot even perform an Emergency Reset *see photo

Why do I receive a pop up saying I “‘Cannot use Messages for Businesses’ in Locked Down Mode “?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.