You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE Dual SIM issue since IOS 16.3.1

I installed an eSIM and a second SIM last year on my iPhone SE. They always worked very well together. After installing the latest IOS (16.3.1) the second SIM stated to have problems. It disconnects frequently. The eSIM has no issue.

What can I do?

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 8:12 AM

4 replies

Mar 23, 2023 4:22 AM in response to ryane77

Thanks ryane77 for you answer.

This SIM card is having no issues in the other dual SIM phone (not Apple) that I have. My conclusion is that the issues are with the iphone SE and not with carrier.

Once I activate the line on this SIM it searches the carrier and finds it after a while (to me it seems longer than before). I can't say exactly how long after but surely in less than 30 minutes I can't see any carrier for this SIM any longer and it says "no service". It will never connect again to the carrier itself. I have to deactivate the line and reactivate it again. Than it starts all over again.

I think it has to do with the roaming. This second SIM is from another country. The service must go over roaming. Roaming is not a issue since in the other phone the SIM is working w/o problems.

I tell that because if I use a second inland SIM card in the iPhone SE there are no issues.

So you would say, the issue is the SIM card itself or the carrier but why I have then no issues in the other phone?

Thanks and regards,

Stefano

Mar 19, 2023 12:52 PM in response to In-the-name-of-love

Hi there In-the-name-of-love,

If you're having issues with one of your lines disconnecting on your iPhone, it may be a carrier-related issue since it isn't happening with your other line. Keeping that in mind, you'll want to be sure you reached out to your wireless carrier to see if there is anything that needs to done on their end.

What's happening exactly with that line? Are you seeing No Service in the status bar of your iPhone for your cellular network connection? We ask because that's normal in some situations:

Your iPhone can use one cellular data network at a time. When you're using one line to make a call, your other line shows No Service. If your carrier supports Wi-Fi Calling on your other phone number and you have Wi-Fi Calling turned on, you can answer incoming calls on that number. When you're on a call that isn't your default data line, you need to turn on Allow Cellular Data Switching.

Learn more here: If Dual SIM with eSIM isn't working on your iPhone - Apple Support

Thanks!

Apr 25, 2023 2:27 PM in response to In-the-name-of-love

Hello, after upgrading my iphone se 2020 to ios16.4.x, problems started with calls, they

drop off suddently, of course I've a esim configured (the other line has a phisical sim). Apple don't say nothing

about this. I'm pretty sure it's related to the ios upgrade since it started just after the upgrade.

The ISP provider does not find any errors, althought they're still with the case.

It's very frustrating.

iPhone SE Dual SIM issue since IOS 16.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.