You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to share as docx on pages

Hello, how to share document on pages as docx. Thanks

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 11:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 11:54 AM

In Pages v12.2.1 on macOS Ventura (13), the Share menu and Send a Copy are not present. Instead… you choose File menu > Export > Word and save it. Then you right-click on that Word document in the Finder and select the Share… menu item.

7 replies

Mar 20, 2023 2:39 PM in response to VikingOSX

It is not saving it as a docx file; when I pull it up, there is no docx icon. I don't know what else to do. I have followed the instructions to the letter, and have been trying for the past hour with no success. Furthermore, since the update, the Share and Share a Copy features, which made it so easy to do, have been removed, making this a lot clunkier. I will have to buy a Word app in order to make it work. Monetizing what was once a feature included in the software is making this User feel Used.

Mar 20, 2023 4:24 PM in response to kd1773

Reboot your Mac.

All I can say is I have an M1, M2, and Intel Mac here all running Pages v12.2.1 in either Ventura or Monterey 12.6.3., and the Pages File menu > Export To > Word > Next > Save produces a Word .docx document consistently.

If you do not have Show icon preview selected in the Finder's Show View Options panel, then that Word .docx document will have a yellow Pages icon on it with DOCX beneath the icon image, otherwise it will be a white text icon with DOCX marked on it.

Pages never fails to export and save a very obvious Word document from the Export panel.

How to share as docx on pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.