You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal music ripped from CDs missing on iphone apple music

I have copied music from personal CD's onto my mac in Apple Music and sync'ed the music via cable with my iPhone since (not purchased via Apple Music). Certain songs will initially show up but when you go to play them they "disappear" and the playlist progresses to the next song and that particular song is no longer in the playlist. I would then sync with the cable again and the song would reappear in the playlist. The strange part is that the song will actually play on the iPhone as long as the sync cable is connected, but as soon as I disconnect the cable and try to play the song again on the iPhone it disappears again. I also sometime get an error message that the song is not authorized for this region but it plays perfectly fine on my mac and on my iPhone after I resync'ed with the cable. I do not have an Apple Music+ subscription and 99+% of my music is ripped from CD's and stored in Apple Music on my mac. Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks!

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 9:50 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Personal music ripped from CDs missing on iphone apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.