You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone compromised?

I’ve been having a lot of issues with my phone dealing with static and background voices on my calls, battery drainage, and a lot of phishing emails. I even checked my privacy settings and seen a lot of background activity being ran along with an unknown app i have found on my cellular data statistics but upon searching in my apps to delete it ,I was unable locate it. I’ve found numerous fishy things lately going on with a few of my apps.. can someone please help??

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 8, 2023 9:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2023 10:36 PM

There are a few things to check in this case:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Did you already have a look at the list of apps that use most of your battery life in Settings/Battery?

Force restarting your iPhone may help to clear minor software conflicts, that may result in more battery usage:

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

You can also set your iPhone back to factory settings on your computer and set it up manually, without using the latest backup after that.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 8, 2023 10:36 PM in response to Fgreene7978

There are a few things to check in this case:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Did you already have a look at the list of apps that use most of your battery life in Settings/Battery?

Force restarting your iPhone may help to clear minor software conflicts, that may result in more battery usage:

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

You can also set your iPhone back to factory settings on your computer and set it up manually, without using the latest backup after that.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Mar 8, 2023 10:33 PM in response to Fgreene7978

If you feel an unauthorized person is remotely controlling or monitoring your device, then that is possible only if you have done one or more of the following Don'ts...

1. Don't hand over an iPhone to kids or to a stranger without Enabling Guided Access
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jailbreak
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device
  5. Don't give in to Phishing
  6. Don't plug in your device in Airports and Public places through third-party cables and trust the device. Beware of Juice Jacking. (Especially in India)
  7. Don't leave your iPhone unlocked and unattended in public places like offices, schools, malls, etc.

If one of the above is true then quickly change the Apple ID Password and Return iPhone settings to their defaults.

Phone compromised?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.