You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch unlock option not showing in settings

See title. I know this worked before (pre-Ventura) on this same MBP with this same watch. I had switched it off because I was not using the watch briefly, now I can't see an option to switch it back on, even though it shows in the search.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 7:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 12:27 PM

I found the issue - for some reason my Apple ID was signed out on the watch. (Had to go into Watch app under General->Apple ID to notice this.) I don't know if this was a security measure related to me restoring a backup to my iPhone or what, but after I signed back in the option appeared on my Mac. There are still other issues lingering (not showing up in Find My, etc) but this particular one is gone. Will probably just need to reset the watch anyway.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 2, 2023 12:27 PM in response to don and his ppc mini

I found the issue - for some reason my Apple ID was signed out on the watch. (Had to go into Watch app under General->Apple ID to notice this.) I don't know if this was a security measure related to me restoring a backup to my iPhone or what, but after I signed back in the option appeared on my Mac. There are still other issues lingering (not showing up in Find My, etc) but this particular one is gone. Will probably just need to reset the watch anyway.

Apple Watch unlock option not showing in settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.