You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to enable Ipad without computer accesss

My friend gave me her I pad before moving away I have no way of contacting her and the I pad is disabled from me entering the wrong password too many times what to do with computer connection??

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 2:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 7:03 AM

Restore it on a Mac, or a Windows PC with iTunes installed; there isn't a way to enable it without a computer. If needed, use a friend's one, or a store's display model.

If you encounter the activation lock afterwards, you won't be able to use that iPad. It's an anti-theft measure.

(235610)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 2, 2023 7:03 AM in response to Jonneece

Restore it on a Mac, or a Windows PC with iTunes installed; there isn't a way to enable it without a computer. If needed, use a friend's one, or a store's display model.

If you encounter the activation lock afterwards, you won't be able to use that iPad. It's an anti-theft measure.

(235610)

How to enable Ipad without computer accesss

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.