You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

esim

I want to setup my esim number on secondary IMEI number instead of primary IMEI number but unfortunately every time I scan Qr code he goes primary IMEI number can any body solve this

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 4:07 AM

3 replies

Feb 22, 2023 4:26 AM in response to Mirza_kamran

If you "first" eSIM is locked and you want to add another. Then remove your blocked eSIM card.

Go to: Settings > Cellular > in the eSIM category, select Delete eSIM.

You should now be able to add a new eSIM.

Otherwise, you must contact your carrier and have your blocked eSIM unlocked.

Feb 21, 2023 7:32 AM in response to Mirza_kamran

Unfortunately, it cannot be changed unless you already have a physical SIM card in it. Then the eSIM will choose to "connect" to the secondary IMEI number. If you only use an eSIM and have no other SIM cards attached, your eSIM will connect with your primary EMEI number.

If you mean the Labels that you can assign to your SIM card, e.g. Personal, Work, Travel etc., then you must have at least 2 active SIM cards before the different Cellular plans can be assigned labels.

You can read more about how to use Dual SIM and eSIM here:

Using Dual SIM with an eSIM - Apple Support

esim

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.