You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Subcription + track charges

I've just subscribed for the 1 free month and £10.99 per month, when I went to "purchase" an audio track it still wants to charge me for the track????

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 12:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 12:05 PM

If you're talking about Apple Music, that's a subscription to listen to the music for as long as the subscription is active. You also have the option of buying a track. Make sure you are downloading the Apple Music version for offline use.

Add and download music from Apple Music - Apple Support

5 replies

Feb 16, 2023 12:15 PM in response to RustyAID

Limnos is correct.

iTunes still exists as a way for people who choose not to pay monthly for AppleMusic.

So if you Subscribe to AppleMusic, do not open iTunes on your mobile device. This will only cause confusion.

As for "offline" use, (as Limnos' linked article indicates) make sure that you manually (or make the adjustment in settings) download all music you add to your library while using AppleMusic. While it may appear as though adding a song to your library or playlist is sufficient, you're still "streaming" the music as it resides in your library.

Subcription + track charges

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.