You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud mail is send me lots of spam emails.

Over the past two weeks or so I have been inundated with spam emails from my iCloud account. This never use to happen. Has Apple changed or loosened their email spam filters to let more of it through? I have not changed anything on my system since I upgrade to Ventura in December.

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 9:13 AM

1 reply

Feb 18, 2023 9:21 AM in response to Larrie Easterly

Hello Larrie Easterly,

For help with spam messages in your iCloud account, test the steps below for checking your settings and reducing the amount of junk mail received. You can also find the these steps and other helpful information here: Report and reduce spam in iCloud Mail - Apple Support

"Reduce future spam

To help reduce the amount of spam you receive in the future, you can use the techniques below. 

Don't open suspected junk email

Delete any messages that look like junk mail before you open them. Learn how to delete emails on your iPhone or iPad and how to delete emails on your Mac. You can also manage junk mail on iCloud.com.

When you open an email that looks like junk mail, it can alert spammers that their message was received and opened from an active email account. 

Adjust your Mail Privacy Protection settings

Spammers use the email image-loading feature to determine whether your email account is active. Here's how to keep images from loading automatically:

On your Mac

1. Choose Mail > Settings. In macOS Monterey or earlier, choose Mail > Preferences.
  2. Click Privacy.
  3. Select Protect Mail Activity.

Learn more about Mail Privacy Protection on Mac"

The article here can also assist: Reduce junk mail in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

If you continue to have an issue after checking your settings and reporting, reach out to Apple Support directly to further assist.

Contact - Official Apple Support

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Best.

iCloud mail is send me lots of spam emails.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.