You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do I find how often my iPhone or iPads backups

Where do I find how often my iPhone or iPad backups

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 9:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 9:31 AM

By default, iPhones and iPads backup nightly when connected to Wi-fi and power and the screen it turned off if the "Backup this iPhone / iPad" switch is turned on in Settings ➜ Account (top go Settings) ➜ iCloud ➜ iCloud Backup

There is no frequency setting for the backups. If it can backup it will backup.

You can verify when the last backup was made, in Settings ➜ Account (top go Settings) ➜ iCloud ➜ iCloud Backup ➜ Your device name ➜ Last Backup. It holds the date of the last backup it was able to perform successfully.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 13, 2023 9:31 AM in response to Joyalice5

By default, iPhones and iPads backup nightly when connected to Wi-fi and power and the screen it turned off if the "Backup this iPhone / iPad" switch is turned on in Settings ➜ Account (top go Settings) ➜ iCloud ➜ iCloud Backup

There is no frequency setting for the backups. If it can backup it will backup.

You can verify when the last backup was made, in Settings ➜ Account (top go Settings) ➜ iCloud ➜ iCloud Backup ➜ Your device name ➜ Last Backup. It holds the date of the last backup it was able to perform successfully.

Where do I find how often my iPhone or iPads backups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.