You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes playlist transfer sony walkman

HELP !!

I'm in panic mode !

I was High Sierra 10.13.6 and used iTunes to store my backing tracks (Im a jazz singer)and create playlists, for events, that i would transfer to my sony walkman.

Each playlist was tailor made for each event/function and changed every time

I have just upgraded to Catalina and can see that all my playlists etc., still exist in a library that still has the itunes (musical note) icon .. but when I connect my sony walkman and click on the the transfer app i previously used, (it happily appears and opens), but when I go to drag and drop a playlist to it, as I used to, it rejects it and states'Your iTunes is not supported ' any idea how I get these playlists into my walkman ? do I have to create a new library and transfer everything ? if so how ?

Please help, this is my livelyhood !!

Sarah

iMac 21.5″

Posted on Feb 12, 2023 12:12 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Feb 14, 2023 11:54 AM in response to SSJ2023

Hey there SSJ2023,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities.

For the best steps on how to transfer your songs and playlists from your iMac to your Walkman, check out the steps listed in this link here: Transferring music by drag-and-drop using iTunes - Sony USA

1. Connect the Walkman player to the Mac using the supplied USB cable. Once the connection is completed, the WALKMAN icon or microSD card name will be displayed on the Macintosh computer.
NOTE: With a Walkman player that supports microSD card, transfer destination can be specified for the content. For more details, refer to the manual supplied with the product. 
2. Select WALKMAN in the sidebar of Finder, then open the MUSIC folder.
3. Transfer music using one of the following methods:
- Transferring from Finder
1. Double click the folder where the music you want to transfer are stored.
2. Place the folder next to the MUSIC folder of the Walkman player.
- Transferring from the library screen of the iTunes software.
1. Open iTunes, then open the iTunes library window.
2. Place the folder next to the MUSIC folder of your Walkman.
4. Drag-and-drop the music you want to transfer to the MUSIC folder of the Walkman player. Once the music you want to transfer are displayed in the MUSIC folder, the transfer is complete.
NOTE: Music and folders will be arranged in alphanumeric order. Hierarchy may differ depending on the Mac OS environment.
5. Drag-and-drop the WALKMAN icon to the Trash icon to safely eject the Walkman player. Once the WALKMAN icon disappears from the Desktop, disconnect the Walkman player from the Macintosh computer.

If still having issues after going through the steps above, the next best option would be to reach out to Sony's support for additional information, and possible troubleshooting steps. Check out this next link for help with reaching out to Sony's support directly: Contact Us - Sony USA

We hope that's able to help.

Have a great day!

Itunes playlist transfer sony walkman

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.