You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The compatibility list of apple watch 7 says min iphone 6s with iOS 15 or higher but when I try to connect it with my iPhone 6s its says to update the iphone, but the phone has iOS 15.7.3 and doen not connect

The compatibility list of apple watch 7 says min iphone 6s with iOS 15 or higher but when I try to connect it with my iPhone 6s its says to update the iphone, but the phone has iOS 15.7.3 and does not connect. What donI have to do?

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 9

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 11:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 12:12 PM

It would be compatible if the Apple Watch was running watchOS 8 or earlier. If its been updated to watchOS 9 then its no longer compatible with it, as an iPhone running iOS 15 cannot pair to a watch running watchOS 9.

And, no, there is no way to to install a previous version of watchOS on the Apple Watch to make it work with an iPhone 6s, nor to update the iPhone 6s to iOS 16.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 8, 2023 12:12 PM in response to iphone6-with-watch7

It would be compatible if the Apple Watch was running watchOS 8 or earlier. If its been updated to watchOS 9 then its no longer compatible with it, as an iPhone running iOS 15 cannot pair to a watch running watchOS 9.

And, no, there is no way to to install a previous version of watchOS on the Apple Watch to make it work with an iPhone 6s, nor to update the iPhone 6s to iOS 16.

The compatibility list of apple watch 7 says min iphone 6s with iOS 15 or higher but when I try to connect it with my iPhone 6s its says to update the iphone, but the phone has iOS 15.7.3 and doen not connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.