You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Advanced Data Protection!

Hello guy’s

I tried to activate Advanced Data Protection! 

But I got funny request that I must remove the device from my account! Which it’s mean kill it and keep it away of everything!

Why should I remove my device? While I still use it? 

The device is 2016 late 15” touch bar! I bought it in more than 3000$ ! 

So first time the device it is no longer covered by new apple updates! And then even the photos library not sync anymore with my other devices! And now everything in other devices asked me to kick this device out of the service! 

What is this called! Isn't it forcing customers to buy a new device? Seriously! This is  really frustrating! 

I want someone to talk to me about this sensibly!  I don't want someone feigning loyalty and flattery! We have here a serious problem here! 

I want to activate this feature without forcing me to buy a new device! Or removing my device! I want to take advantage of this feature like everyone else of users of Apple devices!

Thanks

MacBook Pro 15″

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 5:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 4:50 AM

This computer does Not Appear on the list of Qualifying Computer to run Ventura

link below

macOS Ventura is compatible with these computers - Apple Support (CA)

To use the Advance Data Protection does require the computer to be running Ventura macOS 13

Excerpt from above link

• Updated software on all of the devices where you're signed in with your Apple ID:
    • iPhone with iOS 16.2 or later
    • iPad with iPadOS 16.2 or later
    • Mac with macOS 13.1 or later
    • Apple Watch with watchOS 9.2 or later
    • Apple TV with tvOS 16.2 or later
    • HomePod with software version 16.0 or later
    • Windows computer with iCloud for Windows 14.1 or later

If the User ( you ) whats the latest and greatest versions of macOS, all is not lost.

If the user wishes to explore the Apple Trade-In  Process where the Value of the exiting device could be used against the cost of a new Apple Computer, iPhone or iPad  

Or Shop Refurbished Apple computers at an Apple Reduced Cost

Have used both previously and have been satisfied each time.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 27, 2023 4:50 AM in response to Community User

This computer does Not Appear on the list of Qualifying Computer to run Ventura

link below

macOS Ventura is compatible with these computers - Apple Support (CA)

To use the Advance Data Protection does require the computer to be running Ventura macOS 13

Excerpt from above link

• Updated software on all of the devices where you're signed in with your Apple ID:
    • iPhone with iOS 16.2 or later
    • iPad with iPadOS 16.2 or later
    • Mac with macOS 13.1 or later
    • Apple Watch with watchOS 9.2 or later
    • Apple TV with tvOS 16.2 or later
    • HomePod with software version 16.0 or later
    • Windows computer with iCloud for Windows 14.1 or later

If the User ( you ) whats the latest and greatest versions of macOS, all is not lost.

If the user wishes to explore the Apple Trade-In  Process where the Value of the exiting device could be used against the cost of a new Apple Computer, iPhone or iPad  

Or Shop Refurbished Apple computers at an Apple Reduced Cost

Have used both previously and have been satisfied each time.

Advanced Data Protection!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.