You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 with apple watch 3 series. Keep seeing message on the watch, "Storage Full, try removing music or Photos. photos using the Apple watch app on iPhone". I've removed a few apps from the watch but still 7.6 GB of 8 GB used.

I've done the suggested steps and see minor improvement. However after doing this 3-4 times I continue to see "Apple Watch" 7.6 GB or 8 GB Used. I cant seem to get enough space free....

Thoughts? I've already tried power cycling the watch and the phone to no avail. I have not tried to unpair and repair. Thanks for any suggestions.

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 23, 2023 7:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2023 9:25 AM

Series 3 by modern standards is drastically short of storage.

When you Unpair, set it up again as a New Watch. Do not restore backup.

You should only lose unsync'd data.

In Music settings ensure Download all Recents is not turned on.

3 replies

iPhone 8 with apple watch 3 series. Keep seeing message on the watch, "Storage Full, try removing music or Photos. photos using the Apple watch app on iPhone". I've removed a few apps from the watch but still 7.6 GB of 8 GB used.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.