You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard and trackpad stop working after upgrade to Ventura

After I upgraded my MacBook Air M1 to Ventura, the internal keyboard and trackpad stoped working. If I restart the laptop, they resume working for a short time but inevitably fail again regardless of what software I am using. The issue appeared immediately after upgrading to Ventura. I went to the Apple Store and they confirmed the issue was not physical. We did a clean install but the same issue appeared again a few days later. Downgrading to Monterey fixed the problem. Any body had the same problem? If so, does 13.2 fixes the issue? Or should I wait for the next Max OS release?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 5:31 PM

3 replies

Jan 29, 2023 1:30 AM in response to frederic220

Much like one of the previous Users ' , have the same M1 MBA purchased early 2021 that came with Big Sur macOS 11.

Upgraded to Monterey and now on Ventura 13.0, 13.01.13.1 and now 13.2

The Internal Keyboard, Trackpad and Touch ID has never " stoped working ".

The Wipe and downgrade back to Monterey macOS 12 wiped out a combination of Third Party Software that ws causing this very rare occurrence of KB and trackpad not functioning .

Keyboard and trackpad stop working after upgrade to Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.