You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to pair watch after getting new phone.

I did not impair watch from my old phone and did get new wifi at home around the same time I got a new phone. I don’t think that this watch has ever been connected to new wifi. My watch cannot pair to my new iPhone because it needs an update. But every time I try to update, I get a message that says “cannot check for update because you are not connected to the internet” even though I AM connected to the internet through my iPhone. I wonder if this “not connected” refers to the watch alone. And if it does, how can I possibly connect it to wifi if it won’t pair with phone? help!

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 10:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 10:16 AM

Since you did not unpair the watch before getting a new iPhone see this link and pay attention to the section "If you don't have your old iPhone." --> How to pair your Apple Watch with a new iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply

Unable to pair watch after getting new phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.