You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Overheating

Hi there!

Recently, I have edited a video in Premiere Pro and my MacBook air got pretty hot. It was probably hot for 30 mins - 1 hour as I was constantly editing. However, I think there's more projects that will require me to work in Premiere Pro and I fear that it getting hot will bring damage to the battery and to the laptop itself. How dangerous is overheating/a hot macbook?

MacBook Air, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 1:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 2:07 PM

If a Mac gets too hot, it will shut down on its own before any damage can occur.

Before it gets to that point, it will automatically reduce performance in an effort to keep running. You can help keep it within limits by following these instructions: Keep your Mac laptop within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 14, 2023 2:07 PM in response to EdyEdward11

If a Mac gets too hot, it will shut down on its own before any damage can occur.

Before it gets to that point, it will automatically reduce performance in an effort to keep running. You can help keep it within limits by following these instructions: Keep your Mac laptop within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support.

Overheating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.