You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family purchase sharing not working, invalid payment

I am trying to download some apps which my family member has already purchased however, after getting the cloud icon to download, it shows, "unable to download the application, family must have a valid payment method", can someone please help how to resolve this? the family organizer has a UPI payment method saved for the family but still, it shows this issue..

iPad Pro, 11-inch, 4th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 10:49 PM

1 reply

Jan 10, 2023 9:34 AM in response to sonal295

Hello,

I know I not infrequently see UPI mentioned in connection with payment problems. It sounds like something you have to ask UPI about since Apple is likely just asking them electronically if your payment method with them is okay, and Apple is getting a negative response.

If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Family purchase sharing not working, invalid payment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.