You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transfer ownership of my iphone to me

My partner bought my phone for me many years ago and ownership is in his name. How do I transfer ownership to myself?

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 7:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 12:17 AM

Hello ~ Take a look here by clicking on this helpful link…

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

After your partner completes this process then you set the phone up as yours. It would not hurt to have the original purchase receipt either.

I hope this helps and be well.

~Katana-San~

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 10, 2023 12:17 AM in response to JoDolena

Hello ~ Take a look here by clicking on this helpful link…

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

After your partner completes this process then you set the phone up as yours. It would not hurt to have the original purchase receipt either.

I hope this helps and be well.

~Katana-San~

Jan 10, 2023 12:13 AM in response to JoDolena

JoDolena Said:

"transfer ownership of my iphone to me: My partner bought my phone for me many years ago and ownership is in his name. How do I transfer ownership to myself?"

-------

Getting into Another's Device:

This partner of yours needs to log himself out of it. If he does not, then you will never be able to log into your own account on it. So, have your partner perform as instructed here, including the iCloud log out: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade In your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. He should have known better.

[Edited by Moderator]

Jan 9, 2023 10:48 PM in response to TheLittles

Thanks for your reply but your nasty tone is not appreciated. I say 'partner' because we are not married and not sure what country you are from but in Australia - defacto is very normal and acceptable. If I had said 'husband' - would that have helped stopped your judgement? But if you want to know the circumstances, we once - like 15 years ago - had a family phone plan with our daughter and he set up the system. It suited me at the time. I have not made it a priority to change because it doesn't change my phone usage on a day to day basis. So please keep your harsh judgements to yourself. I thought this was intended as a helpful space. If I had known this was going to be the reply, I would not have posted.

transfer ownership of my iphone to me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.