You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 14 pro max will not charge via usb port in my car or through my Anker portable battery. It will only charge with electricity.

My IPhone 14 pro max will not charge via my USB port in my car or through my anker portable battery. It will only charge using a wall outlet. Any ideas? The phone is only 2 months old.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 3:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 4:44 PM

Hello Frustrated_Iphone_user1,

Thanks for posting to Apple Support Communities.

We understand your iPhone does not charge with your third-party devices. To start off with, do you alternative Lightning to USB cables you can try? This will help isolate the cable. We also want to be sure the cable is genuine:

Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector accessories

Ensure that iOS is up-to-date on the iPhone. Before updating, we recommend you back up your iPhone first. These articles can be of help. When you backup, you can back up using a Mac or PC rather than iCloud if you choose.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update iOS on iPhone

Are you able to test using another iPhone or iPad?

If you're still having an issue, reach out to Apple Support directly so they can look into this with you further. They can be contacted here: Contact Apple Support or by calling the most applicable phone number from this list: Contact Apple for support and service.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 9, 2023 4:44 PM in response to Frustrated_Iphone_user1

Hello Frustrated_Iphone_user1,

Thanks for posting to Apple Support Communities.

We understand your iPhone does not charge with your third-party devices. To start off with, do you alternative Lightning to USB cables you can try? This will help isolate the cable. We also want to be sure the cable is genuine:

Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector accessories

Ensure that iOS is up-to-date on the iPhone. Before updating, we recommend you back up your iPhone first. These articles can be of help. When you backup, you can back up using a Mac or PC rather than iCloud if you choose.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update iOS on iPhone

Are you able to test using another iPhone or iPad?

If you're still having an issue, reach out to Apple Support directly so they can look into this with you further. They can be contacted here: Contact Apple Support or by calling the most applicable phone number from this list: Contact Apple for support and service.

Take care.

My iPhone 14 pro max will not charge via usb port in my car or through my Anker portable battery. It will only charge with electricity.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.