You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any trick to always show notifications on Apple Watch?

I recently moved from Android phone and Garmin Watch to iPhone 14 Pro Max and Apple Watch Ultra. I'm pretty happy overall but notifications are giving me a lot of headaches.

I was used to receive notifications on both the phone and the watch at the same time on my old setup, and that was great because I oftenly are watching videos on my phone and could read and answer my notifications from my watch. But the way Apple does this, as the phone is active while I watch videos I get the notification only on the phone(by the way, it shows in the phone and also drops the video playback sound, I wish I could configure that) and I have to minimize the video and answer from the phone, a pain in general and particular when you are watching youtube live content.

Is there any trick I can use to always get notifications on both devices?

Apple Watch Ultra, watchOS 9

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 4:56 AM

4 replies

Jan 7, 2023 6:26 AM in response to watashimorikaro

No. Apple Watch and iPhone are designed for notifications to come to the watch if your iPhone screen is inactive or to your iPhone if the screen is active. But Notifications will NOT come to both at the same time.

Read this link --> Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Note the statement at the top - Where Notification Appear:

Notifications appear on your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both.

Any trick to always show notifications on Apple Watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.