You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update Apple ID Settings

I'm getting a notice some account services will not be available until I sign in again. When I select continue I get a two set verification code sent to my phone via text message. When I enter the code, it says incorrect code, try again. I do with the same results. I asked for a new code with the same results with the new code. Now when I select contiue, it asks me to enter the unlock passcode for my iphone. I do not want to enter the passcode - something does't sound right. Anyone else being asked to update account codes?

iPhone 7

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 5:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 5:23 PM

Hi Cablebutcher

Entering in your iPhone/Mac password to unlock iCloud is completely normal, they are used to encrypt your iCloud data, Apple cannot see your password because of end to end encryption.

Similar questions

1 reply

Update Apple ID Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.